Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Digital radio's star is rising

They took the credit for your second symphony
Rewritten by machine and new technology
and now I understand the problems you can see
- The Buggles, Video Killed the Radio Star

Garage Band is gathering steam amongst my musician friends - most of whom still play instruments that were made in the fifties and sixties.

But they are a little slower catching on to digital radio. There have been a few experiments in Australia, notably the ABC's Dig who are now also getting in to podcasting, but the take-up has been slow. I guess we're still watching to see how it plays out in Europe and the US.

I'm late to this, but still very keen to try podcasting which I'm intending to do soonest. It's another strand to the increasingly complex evolution of media we called convergence in 2004.

No comments: